Essa Agriplex Positions
The Essa & District Agricultural Society is actively seeking volunteers to help prepare, run and maintain the Essa Agriplex facility. Weekly events require ongoing upkeep and repair, there are plenty of jobs from gardening to woodworking. Volunteering is a great opportunity to get involved in the local community and meet new people from the surrounding area, not to mention joining the Barrie Fair family!
No matter who you are, we welcome you to join our team of local volunteers to help improve the Barrie Fair and Essa Agriplex facility.
Barrie Fair Positions
General Volunteer Positions
- Ribbon Sorters August
- Parking Attendants August 27-30
- Cattle Show Ring Waterers August 28-30
- Barrie Fair setup August 24-26
- Barrie Fair takedown August 31 – September 4
- Barrie Fair – Morning/ Afternoon/ Evening Support August 27-30
Do you have a passion for music and/ or the arts? The Entertainment Coordinator may be the perfect fit for you! The Entertainment Coordinator works with the Barrie Fair Committee to select and hire various entertainers to perform at the Barrie Fair. In addition to hiring the acts, the Entertainment Coordinator’s home throughout the fair is the Entertainment Tent- working with the entertainers and Sound Crew to ensure that the show goes off without a hitch!
The Barrie Fair Volunteer Coordinator (VC) is arguably one of the most important jobs for the function of the Barrie Fair. With the exception of a handful of staff- the Barrie Fair is completely volunteer run. The VC would be the main contact for any volunteers, and would be responsible for the recruitment of new volunteers, managing questions from new/ returning volunteers, assigning duties to new volunteers, and assuring that the volunteer experience throughout the 4 days of the Barrie Fair is positive.
The Vendor Coordinator’s main responsibility is to be the liaison between vendors and the fair. The vendor coordinator would be responsible for the following tasks:
BEFORE THE FAIR
- the review and approval of vendor applications (and keeping accurate documentation of applicants)
- the recruitment of new vendors
- monitoring the vendor email, and answering questions as they pop up
DURING THE FAIR
- Coordinate the move-in and move-out of vendors, ensuring everyone is where they are supposed to be set up, and have everything they need to be successful at the fair
- Ensure that all vendors are set-up and functioning during the mandatory operating hours of the fair
- Monitor the vendor area and answer any questions from vendors throughout the fair.
Individuals interesting in volunteering please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 705-726-1200
Thank you for the ongoing support!