- The 2020 Barrie Fair Vendor Application is neither an offer, nor a guarantee.
- Only fully completed application forms will be considered for approval.
- Applications are reviewed on a first-come, first-serve basis using the following criteria: quality, diversity, demand, and fair history.
- A detailed list of products you wish to sell/display must be provided on your application. If approved, only the list provided in the application will be permitted. Any changes to the list must be submitted in advance to the Essa & District Agricultural Society.
- The sale of cotton candy and candy apples is prohibited for outdoor vendors.
- Subletting is prohibited.
- Under NO circumstances can a vendor change their location without the approval of the Essa & District Agricultural Society. Doing so will result in removal from the fairgrounds.
CERTIFICATE OF INSURANCE
- All applicants must provide a certificate of insurance in the amount of $2,000,000 and list the Essa & District Agricultural Society as additionally insured. The date of coverage must include move-in and move-out dates, extending beyond the opening/closing dates of the Fair. Any other insurance you wish to carry is your own responsibility.
- No application is considered ‘approved’ until the Essa & District Agricultural Society receives proof of insurance.
- Electrical Safety Authority permit required if using a generator greater than 13,000 watts. www.esasafe.com
- Propane inspection certificate required that complies with Provincial/County health regulations.
- Tent permits required if tented space exceeds 400 square feet. www.essatownship.on.ca
- All food vendors must provide proof of permit with the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit in order to receive application approval. www.simcoemuskoahealth.org (SMDHU will review their permit listings and conduct spot inspections on site during the fair) Registering with the Health Unit in advance of the fair is extremely important to ensure you receive approval from the inspector.
- No vendors are permitted to stay on the fairgrounds overnight.
- No roving vendors. This includes pop up signage, any advertising outside of your vendor booth must be pre-approved by fair organizers.
- Surveys, sales and demonstrations are conducted only in the space provided or with pre-approved permission from fair organizers.
- No alcohol is permitted (exceptions apply for sample vendors).
- Smoking/vaping is not permitted on EDAS property.
- No amplified sound from any vendor unless pre-authorized in writing by the EDAS (fair organizers).
- Subletting is not permitted and will result in immediate removal from the fairgrounds.
- Vendors setting up a tent must ensure proper blocks or weights are used to secure their tent. Vendors are required to supply their own setup equipment (stakes, rope, ladders, weights, etc).
- Ability to remain open during mandatory operating hours of the fair.
- Verbal misconduct by any vendor towards the general public, fair staff/volunteers or fellow vendors will result in immediate removal from the fairgrounds.
- Wednesday August 26, 2020 between 9:00am & 4:00pm
- Check-In at building #7 to pickup your vendor fair package prior to setting up a booth or trailer. If you do not setup on August 26th between 9:00AM and 4:00PM, you will not be permitted to setup during the fair. Your space may be reassigned and you will not receive a refund. Those who have a conflict with August 26th are asked to speak with fair organizers in advance to see if alternative terms can be reached.
Each morning you are permitted to drive your vehicle to your booth space from 7:00 AM until 15 minutes prior to fair opening. Exceptions apply for indoor barn locations, as you may not have direct drive-up access. Please be courteous to your neighbours during move-in, you are not the only person needing to unload in a short amount of time. We strongly encourage vendors to bring a dolly cart for set-up and takedown.
FAIR HOURS & MANDATORY OPERATING HOURS
- Vendors are encouraged to be open for the entirety of each fair day but we understand staffing and travel can make it difficult. ALL vendors MUST be open during Mandatory Hours
Thursday 12PM to 11PM, Friday 10AM to 11PM, Saturday 9AM to 11PM, Sunday 9AM to 6PM
Thursday August 27 • 3:00PM – 9:00PM
Friday August 28 • 12:00PM – 9:00PM
Saturday August 29 • 11:00AM – 9:00PM
Sunday August 30 • 11:00AM – 5:00PM
- Available space sold by lot #, first-come first-serve for location reservation. Spaces are 10 ft. x 10 ft. in size; all spaces have 15-amp service available. Vendors are encouraged to include in their first and second lot preference on their application. A map of the indoor vendor layout will be available online; the map will be updated as applications are approved.
- You can define your space with a tent. Middle row locations are prohibited from putting up tent walls during fair operating hours. Each lot will have specific guidelines, please read carefully prior to submitting your application.
- North and South rows will have a back wall, there will also be buffer space provided between lots for easier vendor operation.
- Pre-packaged food and farmers market goods are permitted indoors. Vendors who prepare food at their booth cannot be located indoors, you would be required to book an outdoor lot.
- When applying for space, please include the entire footprint of your setup, including trailer tongue length, depth etc. Please include on the application a configuration of your layout, including trailer positioning if you have one.
- You can define your space with tents using sidewalls if required.
- Food vendors are permitted outside.
- No Cotton Candy or Candy Apples can be sold due to contract terms with the midway.
WHAT DO YOU NEED WHEN BOOKING SPACE WITH THE BARRIE FAIR?
- Certificate of insurance naming Essa & District Agricultural Society as additionally insured: minimum of $2,000,000 liability coverage.
- Completed application with payment.
- Simcoe County Health Unit permit if required. (Food Vendors)
- Propane inspection certificate if required. (Food Vendors)
- Generator ESA permit if required.
- Tent permit if required.
- Ability to setup your booth Wednesday August 26th.