The Office Administrator works under the direction of the General Manager and is responsible for performing an array of office, marketing and communications duties to ensure the daily operation of the EDAS. Event support periodically becomes a part of weekly duties; the position is ideal for someone who is a self-starter and able to take initiative on projects with limited direction. Candidate must be adaptable to meet the ongoing challenges facing the EDAS. Ultimately, all EDAS staff report to and work for the Board of Directors, this means that occasional projects or tasks may be requested by the Board.
• Daily management of EDAS email accounts (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com), as well as seasonal fair accounts.
• Answer incoming telephone calls and messages left with the EDAS office, including in person drop-ins.
• Maintain and update the EDAS website and social media accounts
• Coordination of seasonal horse schooling program
• Assist in maintaining daily cash transactions and debit/credit payments
• Support in operating summer/winter facility storage programs
• Maintenance of EDAS membership program
• File EDAS paperwork in a timely and accurate manner
• Event support where required (Barrie Fair, Draft Horse Exhibition, etc.) Ability to act as the Barrie Fair Administrator
• Maintenance and operation of online registration systems – Assist Expo, etc. as it relates to the Barrie Fair. This includes prize book support for Barrie Fair committee chairs.
• Ability to take on new tasks or projects as directed by the GM or Board of Directors
Additional Skills of Interest:
• Creation of graphic design artwork and media (seen as a major asset but not a requirement)
• Familiarity with Sage Accounting Software to assist with monthly bookkeeping for the EDAS (seen as a major asset but not a requirement)
• Including running Sage reports and cheque creation
• General accounts receivable and payable record keeping, payroll, and tax remittance
• Monthly reconciliation of accounts
Volunteers are always welcome, whether you wish to help with the Barrie Fair, need 40 hours of community service, or you are looking to help with general labour. Please include your area of interest: the Barrie Fair, horse shows, landscaping/horticulture, manual labour, or office support.