Are you interested in being a vendor at the 167th Barrie Fair in 2020? The general public must pass through the indoor vendor hall in order to enter the fairgrounds; all spectators for the truck and tractor pull and demolition derby must pass through the outdoor vendor village to enter the track area. Please read the following guidelines before submitting an application:
•Wednesday August 26th, 2020 between 9:00AM and 4:00PM
•Check-In at building #7 and pickup vendor fair package prior to setting up your booth or trailer.
If you do not setup on August 26th between 9:00AM and 4:00PM, you will not be permitted to setup during the fair. Your space may be reassigned and as stated in the application terms – you will not receive a refund. Those who have a conflict with August 26th are asked to speak with fair organizers in advance to see if alternative terms can be reached.
•Each morning of the fair you are able to drive your vehicle to your booth space from 7:00 AM until 15 minutes prior to fair opening.
Fair Hours & Mandatory Operating Hours: (Vendors MUST be open during Mandatory Hours)
Vendors are encouraged to be open for the entirety of each fair day but we understand staffing and travel can make it difficult.
Fair Hours = Thursday 12PM to 11PM, Friday 10AM to 11PM, Saturday 9AM to 11PM, Sunday 9AM to 6PM
Mandatory Hours = Thursday August 27 • 3:00PM – 9:00PM, Friday August 28 • 12:00AM – 9:00PM, Saturday August 29 • 11:00AM – 9:00PM, Sunday August 30 • 11:00AM – 5:00PM
•Available space sold by booth #, first come first serve for location reservation. Lots are 10 ft. x 10 ft. in size, all spaces have 15 AMP service available. Vendors are encouraged to include in their application their 1st and 2nd booth preferences. A map of the vendor layout will be available online shortly, the map will be updated as applications are approved.
•You can define your space with a tent. Centre row booths will not be permitted to put up tent walls during operating hours. Each booth will have specific guidelines, please read carefully prior to submitting your application.
•The North and South rows will have a back wall, there will also be buffer space provided between booths for easier vendor operation.
•Pre-packaged food and farmers market goods are permitted indoors. Vendors who prepare food at their booth cannot be located indoors, you would be required to book an outdoor lot.
•When applying for space, please include the entire footprint of your setup, including trailer tongue length, depth etc. Please include on the application a configuration of your layout, including trailer positioning if you have one.
•You can define your space with tents using sidewalls if required.
•Food vendors are permitted outside.
•No Cotton Candy or Candy Apples can be sold due to contract terms with the midway.
What do you need when booking a space with the Barrie Fair?
•Certificate of insurance naming Essa & District Agricultural Society as additionally insured: minimum of $2,000,000 liability coverage.
•Completed application with payment.
•Simcoe County Health Unit permit if required. (Food Vendors)
•Propane inspection certificate if required. (Food Vendors)
•Generator ESA permit if required.
•Tent permit if required.
•Ability to setup your booth Wednesday August 26th.
•Ability to remain open during mandatory operating hours of the fair. Failure to remain open during these mandatory hours will result in your removal from the fairgrounds. Security and/or the OPP will be involved if vendors in violation refuse to leave the fairgrounds or escalate the situation. Verbal misconduct by any vendor towards the general public, fair staff/volunteers or fellow vendors will result in immediate removal from the fairgrounds. Vendors wish to work together with the fair to put on a the best show possible, please respect each other and the fair vendor rules listed below.
1. No vendors are permitted to stay on the fairgrounds overnight.
2. No roving vendors. This includes pop up signage, any advertising outside of your vendor booth must be pre-approved by fair organizers – out of respect for other vendors this rule could result in your removal from the fairgrounds.
3. Surveys, sales and demonstrations are conducted only in the space provided or with pre-approved permission from fair organizers.
4. No alcohol is permitted (exceptions apply for sample vendors).
5. Smoking is not permitted.
6. No amplified sound from any vendor unless pre-authorized in writing by the EDAS (fair organizers).
7. Subletting is not permitted and will result in immediate removal from the fairgrounds.
8. Vendors setting up a tent must ensure proper blocks or weights are used to secure their tent. Vendors are required to supply their own setup equipment (stakes, rope, ladders for electrical, weights, etc). Vendors failing to safely secure their display will be asked to take it down.
2020 Barrie Fair Vendor Application – COMING SOON